Resource and Scheduling Manger
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Acting as the interface between Sales, Finance and Operations, the Scheduling and Resource Manager is responsible for collating information regarding project schedules and financial information for the Biology service line, to provide Management with detailed resource capacity plans, and financial forecasting reports against the Biology cost codes.
To assist the service teams to manage and coordinate the biological technical activities in conjunction with the Operational Managers and other Scientific personnel maximising utilisation and minimising cost and down-time across the service area.
To constantly improve operational efficiencies to deliver a leaner, profitable and more effective business operating model.
- Accountable for providing accurate and detailed analysis of schedules and revenue / pipeline forecasts for each Biology service areas.
- Working closely with Sales and Operational leads to determine accurate scheduling.
- Responsible for the management and co-ordination of Biology project scheduling processes at the macro and micro level. Providing Biology scheduling overviews at the cost code level, to ensure capacity gaps and bottlenecks are effectively managed and future headcount and equipment requirements identified.
- Proactively manage and co-ordinate Biology Revenue recognition processes to ensure accurate and timely notifications are provided to the Invoicing and Revenue Managers. Including tracking all revenue movements in order to identify recurring issues and escalate to Management.
- Proactively manage and co-ordinate Biology invoicing notification processes to ensure accurate and timely notifications are provided to the Invoicing and Revenue Managers.
- Responsible for close management of the Biology Orderbook to facilitate accurate and timely month-end Profit and Loss reporting.
- Monitor that planning, control and laboratory optimisation is managed effectively across all sites to maximise efficiencies and minimise costs.
- Ensure adherence to all elements of daily work in line with the company’s operating procedures to ensure compliance and ensure requirements are achieved in line with KPI’s and other requirements. Monitor service area performance reporting and identify areas of concern to rectify the causes of under-achievement.
- Maintain communications and personal contact with Managers (and staff), as appropriate, to ensure the effectiveness of operations support.
- Lead and deliver service-related projects, drive continuous improvement using technology and processes to improve performance and service.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Living by the values and leadership behaviours and promotion of positive team culture and team working
- Organisational change success and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrable collaborative strong relationships, evidence that people want to work with you
- Scientific or equivalent Degree (preferably in Biology)
- Experience of Resource, Capacity Management or Operational Management, ideally in a CRO or CMO.
- Experience of financial reporting processes and business analysis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel for data reporting and analysis.
- Experienced in interpreting data to identify trends. Proven numerical and budgeting skills, good track record in managing operational metrics and identifying different ways of working
- Solutions driven to increase efficiencies in scheduling and operational capacity.
- Adopt a flexible approach to challenges to enable rapid resolution of issues and process improvements.
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities effectively in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to produce clear and concise factual findings and ability to present effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage by influence where no direct reporting lines are in place to develop motivated, collaborative teams.
- Builds positive and trusting relationships with colleagues, partners, and customers to get business done.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills who can organise people and processes to suit any eventuality
- Natural engaging rapport builder at all levels, supporting others to succeed and encouraging others to work collaboratively with you
- Solutions-oriented, thoughtful, and able to efficiently manage processes while upholding the highest standards of integrity, inclusion, and accountability
- Strategic Thinker – Thinks big and have an excellent understanding of the dynamics of a business and ability to challenge processes and realise opportunities to achieve a goal; has a vision for the future and builds strategy using data and experience. Understands the organizations competitive position to develop both short- and long-term strategy. Continually strive to improve and not afraid to try new things.
- Drives results – Results driven, focused and sets clear expectations of themselves and others. Takes initiative and overcome setbacks to drives organizational changes while generating innovative solutions needed to meet market demands. Creates a culture that fosters creativity, applies innovative solutions to drive organizational change and embraces change. Goes the extra mile to deliver to customers.
- Collaborates – Seeks the opinion of others and takes time to understand these needs. Engages and empowers people to develop teams; uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitates the completion of goals. Recognises and prizes diversity and plays to everybody’s strengths. Actively helps others to succeed.
- Effective Communicator – Inspiring motivational communication style. Fosters open communication, speak truthfully and with one voice, listens to others and values all opinions. Communicates so that messages are clearly understood and consistent. Acts in a respectful manner to influence an outcome, impact or effect. Responds appropriately to concerns of others. Seen as approachable and supportive professional who develops strong relationships, and there is evidence that others want to work with them.
- Ethical – Demonstrates high level of integrity and ethics in everything they do and goes above and beyond to do the right thing every time. Gets the right results in the right way. Actively contributes towards a culture of openness where everyone feels empowered to speak up.