About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Proposals Manager – Pre-Clinical/Pharmaceutical
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT
The Proposals Manager will be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of proposals from initial enquiry to contract signature. As part of this process, they will ensure the provision of a high quality and value-added service to customers. They will take the lead role in preparing and co-ordinating content for proposals, working in close collaboration with operations and sales.
The role holder must be proficient in multitasking and maintaining high standards and demonstrate a proactive and organised approach to the management of each individual proposal. A strong communicator, it is important that they can work with operational and sales colleagues to influence the delivery of timely, accurate and value-added proposals.
Main Duties to:
Be a customer advocate, primary point of contact from receipt of request to submission of proposal and beyond, providing exceptional customer service throughout.
Ensure proposals are prepared efficiently, timely, accurately and are customised technical documents, which are captivating and compelling, to meet customer needs.
Liaise with the Head of Contracts to ensure reference to correct legal terms are included.
Manage a range of proposals; including larger multi-service, multi-site and/or integrated proposals.
Contribute to pricing discussions by providing appropriate, comprehensive data to the decision makers.
Ensure timely escalation of potential issues to the Head of Proposals.
Participate in bid defence meetings as required.
Ensure routine compliance and timely completion of information into CRM, SharePoint and other appropriates systems.
Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of the role: co-ordination with Sales and Operations, Finance, Legal, QA and H&S to ensure the highest level of customer service.
Communicate and work with personnel of all levels within the Group.
Train, develop and motivate peers in addition to other groups as appropriate, to enhance company effectiveness and to promote the achievement of high standards within the organisation.
- A science graduate or equivalent in either a life sciences or chemistry subject.
- Strong management, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Exceptional customer related experience and excellent customer facing skills – desire to meet, and indeed exceed customers’ expectations.
- Excellent working knowledge of research, pharmaceutical and biotech industries.In depth understanding of processes, technical issues, requirements of all the individual businesses and service lines and gain knowledge and understanding of Concept’s integrated offering and how they interact with each other.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple proposals.
- Previous experience in technical sales, proposal writing, project management within the pharmaceutical industry or contract research organisation.
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start, and finish times may also be required.
Travel across the UK sites will also be required.