About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Malvern, UK
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on product development, sustainability, and innovation? Are you looking for a position in which you will help contribute to the roadmap for the future Malvern Panalytical solutions? Do you want to do this in an international and friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a strategic part of our Project Management team!
The role has a strong strategic impact. Working with cross-functional stakeholders, you will develop, maintain, and deliver a dynamic portfolio of solutions that meet the Strategic priorities of the business. You will work closely with R&D (Research and Development), Product and Segment Marketing, and Integrated Supply Chain functional managers to ensure that priorities across relevant products or projects are balanced and aligned to meet business needs for cost, quality and innovation.
What are your responsibilities?
- Co-ordinating cross-functional project teams with direction and vision to deliver new products, solutions, or business improvements to agreed project goals
- Deliver and manage single or multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop and manage project financial budgets.
- Produce task estimates, project plans and forecasts based upon input from the project team and business stakeholders.
- Manage, coordinate and communicate with project internal and external stakeholders / team members.
- Use of modern project management and communications techniques, including risk management, agile, collaboration tools.
- Work within a quality framework, including product development procedures.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Proven project management skills (3 years plus) with some (or all) of that experience in managing agile development projects preferably in a manufacturing / product development environment
- The ability to lead, inspire and motivate multidisciplinary project teams to deliver our common goal
- Understand the key project drivers (time, cost, quality, and scope) and use good judgement in balancing off these factors to achieve project goals.
- Experience of modern product development and manufacturing techniques (lean)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate to a diverse, cross-functional, multi-level audience.
- Business Acumen: understand business dynamics and financial impacts and able to challenge and develop projects and business cases.
- Agile development processes
- Excellent written and spoken English, and appreciation of global cultures.
Great to have?
- Project Management software (eg Microsoft Project)
- Task management software (eg JIRA / Playbook)
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge, and performance.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.