Pharmaceutical Scientist – Structural Analysis
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Scientist – Structural Analysis
Location: Westborough, MA
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced scientist, performing structural analysis on pharmaceuticals? Are you looking for a position in which you can help and support our pharmaceutical customers? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Pharmaceutical Sciences team!
In this role you will support sales of instrumentation and contract services, focusing on structural analysis of pharmaceutical products, through technical discussions with customers and onsite demonstrations of our product solutions.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences Group works in close collaboration with the local Business Development Managers to engage with detailed, technical discussions focused on the customer’s application, and demonstrate product or service solutions that best satisfy the customer’s challenges. You will be expected to travel throughout the US and on occasion, beyond, to visit customers for product demonstrations, high level scientific discussions, customer training and to deliver external seminars at scientific conferences.
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide advanced technical input to the sales process, for our instrumentation and contract services.
- Provide high level application support for our customers in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and document Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Science applications knowledge and expertise in pharmaceutical sciences.
- To aid in solving non-routine customer measurement problems and to provide advanced training to customers and our sales organizations.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Drive and enthusiasm to understand our customers challenges, and the solutions Malvern Panalytical provides.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field such as chemistry or material structure or significant direct experience in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- In-depth knowledge / understanding of the workflow and challenges of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Great communication skills with experience of presenting scientific content to a technical audience.
- An in-depth, expert knowledge of use of XRD & XRF analytical techniques in Pharmaceutical & Food applications, supporting both development and production QC applications.