Pharmaceutical & Food Market Development Manager
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
TITLE: Market Development Manager – Americas
REPORTS TO: Pharmaceutical & Food Sector Sales Manager – Americas
LOCATION: Home based – US
Concept Life Sciences, a Malvern Panalytical company, is a knowledge based, science led business delivering contract research, analytical services, and small scale manufacturing to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer product industries. Supported by more than 250 scientists, many of whom have more than 25 years of industry experience, Concept Life Sciences prides itself on providing the highest level of consultative expertise demanded from our customers within the pharmaceutical and food sector.
The Concept Life Sciences division of Malvern Panalytical has an exciting opportunity for a Market Development Manager (MDM) to join a dynamic group of integrated drug discovery and development professionals. This is a permanent, full time role based remotely and reporting into the Pharmaceutical & Food Sector Sales Manager for the Americas.
In this key position, the MDM will have experience growing brand awareness of contract research organizations providing application specific solutions to customers working within the drug development pathway. In their role as a tactical marketing expert, the MDM will require a working knowledge of the most effective routes (conferences, digital, …) to reaching the key decision makers at Malvern Panalytical customers working in the Discovery and Preclinical drug development areas. A strong knowledge in biology with specific experience in immunology and/or neurodegeneration, and/or chemistry would also be desirable.
This is a consultative, knowledge driven position, using proven tactical marketing skills in driving new business and growing current accounts utilizing our CRO services. It is expected that the MDM will have exceptional superior communication skills and can engage within operations to achieve a “team” effort to drive growth across the business.
The CLS Market Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Leadership in the development of regional sector brand management for the Americas.
- Develop digital collateral and tactically deploy through sector relevant customer channels.
- Support translation of global campaigns to regional actions and deployment.
- Work with functional channels to align market demand priorities across sales, applications, and marketing.
- Report out and track KPIs translated to ROI on market development activities.
- Work with internal and third party marketing channels for deployment of lead generation campaigns.
- Development of customer stories and references with KOLs, sales, and application teams.
- Represent the company at conferences/events as needed, to inform Regional Marketing management on value and return.
- Communicate and facilitate alignment of regional sector needs with strategic global marking initiatives.
- Support commercial efforts to grow the CLS and MP market position.
Desired qualifications for the CLS Market Development Manager include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology or Life Sciences.
- A marketing degree or equivalent experience.
- Working experience with full or partially integrated contract research services across the pharmaceutical markets.
- Time in the field, when allowed by local municipalities, will be ~25% of the time.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a tactical marketing role will be essential.
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities.
- A strategic thinker and well-rounded professional who has a strong commercial background with a proven track record in supporting multi-site operations/CRO industries.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills who can organize people and processes to suit any eventuality.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce (or other CRM systems).
The CLS Market Development Manager position is a full time 40 hours per week position, but requires flexibility, with some weekend work required, and earlier or later start and finish times required as needed in support of global meetings and operations.
Concept Life Sciences and Malvern Panalytical provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Industry competitive salaries.
- Industry competitive bonus plans.
- Flexible work from home policy.
- 401(k) with match.
- HMO/PPO medical, dental, & vision.
- Corporate CC for travel & office expenses.
- Corporate vehicle / reimbursement program.
- On the job training, including internal training & mentoring and an external educational tuition reimbursement program.
- Plus industry standard holiday and vacation plans.