P&F Business Development Manager – Northwest US
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Pharmaceutical & Food Territory Manager – Business Development
LOCATION: Home based – PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION
Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Sciences are knowledge based, science led businesses focused on delivering solutions based on technology, expertise, and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, chemical and consumer products sectors. In order to deliver the science our clients demand, our business is focused on a number of core sectors. We provide solutions to customer challenges by way of instrumentation and chemistry, product characterization and exploratory toxicology services to the agrochemical, consumer products, chemical, pharmaceutical industries. We also provide testing and specialist analytical services and consultancy to the food and environmental sectors.
Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Sciences has an opportunity for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join a dynamic group of Pharmaceutical & Food market experts and Integrated Drug Discovery and Development professionals. This is a permanent, full time role based remotely (Pacific Northwest) and reporting into Pharmaceutical & Food Territory Manager – Business Development.
We provide integrated, knowledge driven contract research and development across the Pharmaceutical and other chemistry industries. The territory will cover the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, and Northern California). The role will be home based and located within their territory, optimally in the greater Bay Area.
In this key position the BDM will have experience selling instrumentation and contract services within the drug development pathway for all drug products and has competent knowledge of discovery science. They will be also have knowledge of preclinical development (analytical/ API and formulation). Strong knowledge in biology with specific experience in immunology and or neurodegeneration would be desirable.
This is a consultative, knowledge driven position, using strategic sales skills in prospecting new business and growing current accounts by applying tactical know how, drive and tenacity. It’s expected that the BDM will have exceptional superior communication skills and can tactfully engage within operations to achieve a “team” sales effort.
Main Duties to:
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the territory on behalf of Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Sciences. Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant and timely management information.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales and attend relevant conferences and symposia across the region as appropriate to build rapport with potential key customer contacts.
- To lead, and be accountable for, the preparation and maintenance of regular planning activities to agreed KPI’s. It is expected that the BDM will plan at least 6 months in advance.
- Identifying competition and evaluation of USP's.
- Respond to and follow through on enquiries, leads and prospecting.
- Drive new business development within defined territory and maintain and develop new customers through planned support.
- When relevant, propose new service and product introductions that meet a perceived customer need, presenting as a business case upward through the service line leadership.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; consultative selling; negotiation; close.
- Proactively engage with operations to achieve combined sales effort.
- Works to clear targets and KPIs in order to drive for new business wins with an expectation to self-manage.
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current using Salesforce CRM software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Life Sciences and experience in BD in Pacific Northwest markets in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in selling full or part integrated contract research across scientific disciplines as well as experience in selling capital equipment into pharmaceutical markets.
- Time in the field, when allowed by local municipalities, will be ~ 60% of the time.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high level sales/commercial role will be essential.
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities.
- A strategic thinker and well-rounded sales executive who has a strong commercial background with proven track record in supporting multi-site operations/CRO industry.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills who can organize people and processes to suit any eventuality.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce system/CRM system experience.
- Full Time – 40 hours per week.
- Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required.
Concept Life Sciences and Malvern Panalytical provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Industry competitive salaries.
- Industry competitive bonus plans.
- Flexible work from home policy.
- 401(k) with match.
- HMO/PPO medical, dental, & vision.
- Corporate CC for travel & office expenses.
- Corporate vehicle / reimbursement program.
- On the job training, including internal training & mentoring and an external educational tuition reimbursement program.
- Plus industry standard holiday and vacation plans.