PAS Project Engineer – Mechanical
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Job Title: PAS Project Engineer – Mechanical
Are you able to design mechanical systems for the Process and Automation Industry? Are you looking for a position in which you can collaborate with other engineering disciplines to produce bespoke Automation project solutions? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Process and Automation Solutions team!
In this role you will provide high quality Mechanical and Systems engineering to assigned projects within a highly skilled project focused team.
What are your responsibilities?
- Mechanical Design of customer specific process interfaces and hardware to meet project requirements.
- Systems Engineering of Process Automation.
- Providing engineering support for assigned projects which may involve the compilation of specifications, reports, project documentation, technical files, validation documents, etc.
- Maintaining comprehensive project records and completing project documentation records as necessary.
- Working with the operations team to support the order entry, scheduling, procurement, and manufacture of systems to ensure required delivery, cost and quality requirements are met.
- Produce P&IDs and System connection overviews when required
- Proficient in 2D and 3D design work in CAD and have a solid appreciation of drawing issue control, generation of Bills of Materials and good engineering control documentation.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years in a mechanical design role in Process and Automation industry
- Must have technical competency in mechanical and system engineering, with appreciation of electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, control and automation, electrical installation, test and inspection and validation.
- Professional MCAD experience (preferably SolidEdge) required. With appreciation of drawing issue control, generation of Bills of Materials and good engineering control documentation.
- Project planning experience
- Practical installation and commissioning experience will be required, alongside willingness to gain experience with industrial site work.
- Familiarity with enterprise software systems e.g. SAP, SharePoint, Office 365, CRM, etc
Great to have?
- Validation experience in the pharmaceutical, hazardous area (ATEX) or similar regulated industries is desirable.
- Appreciation of electrical engineering
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.]
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please apply to submit your CV and cover letter.