About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you looking for a position as an Operational Buyer who is able to manage the relationship with suppliers and in doing so realize the quality and quantity of goods and services, so our customers receive their ordered systems on time? Do you want to do this in an international, but very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become our new Operational Buyer.
In this role you fulfill the operational procurement activities for our supply chain. In doing so supporting the Malvern Panalytical Supply Centers in Almelo and Eindhoven achieving its objectives on cost- and risk management, and quality and logistics. Furthermore you will be managing the relationship with suppliers in order to ensure that the requested quality and quantity of goods and services are available on time at best value for Malvern Panalytical.
What are your challenges?
- Operational Purchasing: create, send, and follow-up purchase orders, responsible for material availability, create and send out forecasts, judge commitments (e.g. high stock volume) upfront, foresee future material issues, solve or escalate.
- Administration: continuously maintain purchase orders in ERP system.
- Collaboration: solid collaboration with suppliers, colleagues, (internal) customers, and provide feedback on the stability of the production plan
- Optimization: advise on purchase parameter setting to improve, advise on suppliers (framework) agreement.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Hands-on mentality
- Commercial instinct that seeks new and innovative ways to create best value
- Excellent communications skills and team player
- Good analytical skills
- MBO or Bachelor’s degree
- Technical affinity
- Preferably some experience in an Operational Buyer role.
- Fluent (speaking and writing) in English
When you join:
- Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Excellent work life balance.