About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Master Planner
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire, UK
Do you have experience leading production planning in a high mix low volume manufacturing environment? Are you looking for a position in which you can make an impact and implement change? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Supply Chain team!
In this role you will create and implement forecast plans in line with customer demand. Supervise the planning team and report actual results against the Master Production Schedule KPI’s. Develop and execute inventory control methods and be the point of contact for the main stake holders.
What are your responsibilities?
- Create and execute the forecast based on SIOP and historical data on a rolling 12 months demand.
- Report and maintain the weekly and Monthly KPI’s to the Supply Chain Manager, whilst developing improvement activities based off the data provided.
- Develop and execute inventory control methods to ensure optimal levels of stock holding without impacting on customer deliveries.
- Supervise the process of planned order to production order creation over 8 production cells. Work closely with the Manufacturing Team Leaders and Warehouse Manager to ensure that the sequencing and allocation of resources are focused on target achievement for both inventory and the meeting of customer delivery dates. Co-ordinate with the Procurement team to ensure that materials are planned to allow for smooth execution of manufacturing activities.
- Lead weekly planning meetings with relevant stakeholders to confirm customer delivery dates, review capacity plans, highlight shortages and discuss any issues within the production cell.
- Review all customer demand daily to ensure that the procurement and manufacturing activities are responding appropriately. Communicate frequently with the Order Fulfilment team to ensure timely information on product availability and lead time is provided to customers.
- Ensure that the Planned Independent Requirements (PIR) and Finished Goods (FG) trigger points reflect the agreed FG availability and lead time targets across the product range. Review and update the PIR and FG trigger points monthly as the supply characteristics or demand profile changes. Maintain forecast in SAP R3.
- Maintenance of production related MRP parameters including warehouse management, lot size, procurement type, scheduling, planning and manufacturing related lead times to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of transactions across the procurement and manufacturing activities. Work with the Supply Chain Manager reviewing MRP settings to support the re-supply strategies, make to stock, make to order, engineer to order, in line with stocking policies and inventory turn targets.
- Support the New Value Introduction processes by developing and implementing agreed phase in and phase out plans for the new and old products respectively.
- Ensure that Engineering Change Notifications (ECN) are implemented as required and make sure existing Production Orders are updated as necessary.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Attention to detail is crucial for this role with the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with colleagues across the business at all levels.
- Educated to degree level in a supply chain/manufacturing discipline and/or 5+ years’ experience within Supply Chain / Production Planning functions
- Thorough working knowledge of SAP R3 / S4 HANA processes (MRP) covering planning, forecasting and production execution including Repetitive Scheduling, back flushing and barcoding.
- SAP WM – Warehouse Management experience essential.
- A proven track record of production planning and control in a fast-moving customer-focused environment.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of information from differing sources effectively.
- Ability to make rational and balanced decisions.
- Working to deadlines in a challenging environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible to adapt to change and new working practices.
- Experience of influencing and motivating others to achieve objectives.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.