About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Malvern, UK
Are you able to apply method to the madness? Are you looking for a position in which you can make a tangible difference to the success of a technology? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Manufacturing Engineering team!
In this role you will take responsibility for the manufacturability of current and new products to ensuring that the Operations quality, delivery and cost targets are achieved.
What are your responsibilities?
- Production/Materials support: Ensure that all engineering problems are resolved to achieve Production/Materials customer delivery dates and targets.
- New Value Innovation support: Take responsibility for the manufacturability of new products and ensure a smooth transfer of the product into production.
- Lean manufacture methods: Ensure the implementation of lean manufacture methods and practices.
- Quality: Take responsibility for the quality of the product shipped and the capability of goods received from the supply chain.
- Continuous Improvement: Process improvement projects including cost control and reduction.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A ’hands on’ approach to solving challenging engineering/manufacturing problems
- Engineering or manufacturing degree at a 2:1 or above.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable experience in a high technology manufacturing or assembly business
- Ability to analyse mechanical/electronic designs to suggest improvements to performance or manufacturability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to work in a cross functional team
- Ability to gather and interpret information from multiple database sources, to analyse data and present conclusions
Great to have?
- SAP or a similar ERP system experience would be preferable
- 3D Mechanical CAD or PCB design abilities beneficial
- Experience of manufacturing transfer
- Project management experience
- Exposure to a relevant product design process
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.