Lead GMP Technician
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to development of our new Kilo facility at our Chapel laboratory. We are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated GMP Technician with chemistry manufacturing experience. The successful candidate will have the responsibility and ownership to oversea the new facility and work with the wider Chemistry team to deliver quality approved products.
Be a productive manufacturing-based technician; co-operating proficiently with colleagues through respectful, positive communication, recognising the contribution of others and adapting own style as required. Demonstrate a good knowledge of GMP and processing; ensuring skills are kept up to date. Identify and pre-empt potential problems, choosing the most appropriate solution. Be proactive in problem solving for others, utilising thorough knowledge of GMP manufacture and facility operations.
Understand the requirements of both internal and external customers, including budgetary constraints and the importance of working to deadlines. Protect the Intellectual Property and confidentiality of CLS and that of external customers. Consider the impact of own actions on colleagues and the customer and be able to build a rapport with customers. Seek ways to optimise the perception of CLS’s professionalism by the client.
When required, have the ability to effectively manage manufacturing projects. Clearly understanding project goals and enabling them and their team to deliver against customer expectations.
Seek opportunities to improve performance in current role as well as to develop for potential future roles, with realistic analysis of own level of development. Be proactive and highly flexible in adjusting work plans to ensure priorities are met, working with high levels of self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Model good Health and Safety practice at all times; demonstrating knowledge of and compliance with company policies. Act as mentor to more junior staff.
Main Duties to:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Company’s policies, procedures and legal obligations regarding Health, Safety and the Environment. Maintains GMP and safety standards in all areas. Challenges anyone who is not following correct procedures.
- Proficient at managing and executing safe systems of work within a GMP and hazardous area.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a validated condition
- Highly skilled, efficient and independent in all aspects of process operations; set up, manufacturing. Able to execute challenging syntheses. Gives sound guidance and mentoring in techniques to more junior colleagues.
- Is recognised as an expert and shares knowledge with the team. Contributes to problem solving for all members of the group. Effectively resolves complex problems, identifying contingency plans.
- Monitors manufacturing effectively using most appropriate method. Interprets all analytical data accurately, identifying unexpected products. Able to interpret data from more advanced techniques. Effectively assists less experienced chemists in data analysis.
- Completes GMP records in accordance with Concept procedure or specific customer requirements; recording sufficient, accurate and clear information. Effectively trains new team members in specific customer requirements.
- Conducts all communication in a professional and positive manner. Proactively provides updates to manager and customer. If chairing meetings, encourages contribution from all. Contributes to the discussions and responds positively to feedback.
- Independently plans day/week and creates effective milestone plans, considering urgency and looking to minimise cost where possible. Is able to assist others with planning to ensure project goals are met. Effectively communicates changes in priorities to the team.
- Visibly contributes to achieving the team’s goals, taking initiative to assist the smooth running of the facility
- Recognises others’ contribution to the team and demonstrates ability to work effectively with others who have a differing style or perspective.
- Protects Intellectual Property of CLS and customer at all times. Works to maintain and improve good customer relationships. Gives consideration to the overall business need in relation to own project.
- Progresses all tasks with the appropriate sense of urgency. Assists with routine admin tasks.
- Leads by example, delivering a consistently high performance. Demonstrates integrity and delivers on promises.
- Hold a BSc/MSc in chemistry or equivalent manufacturing experience with clear, demonstrable and experienced in safe working practices in a GMP facility.
- Sound knowledge of API manufacturing techniques.
- Have excellent team-working and communication skills
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a pro-active way.
- Ability to work as part of team, keeping the customer at the forefront of work at all times.
- High level of self-motivation.
Salary range £30,000 – £35,000 dependent upon experience.