About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Based in the Edinburgh BioQuarter, the company offers specialist Contract Research Services to Pharmaceutical & Biotech companies with a therapeutic focus on Immuno-Oncology, Immunology and Neuroscience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing immunology team at either Scientist (Postgrad and above) or Senior Scientist (PhD qualified and/or relevant experience to manage projects and teams independently) level depending on experience.
We are looking for experienced Scientists and Senior Scientists with experience of immunology techniques. It is critical for the position that a sound knowledge of Immunology is evident on which they will be able to understand concepts across the variety of client and company projects.
Individuals will be required to work flexibly across an array of different project types and utilising a variety of tools to deliver bespoke customer projects.
- Work with the team and relevant academic contacts as required to ensure quality conduct and delivery of projects primarily in the Immuno-Oncology & Immunology area.
- Production and maintenance of primary cell cultures (eg. T cells, B cells, dendritic cells, macrophages) as well as various tumour cell lines as required.
- Preparation of standard reagents, compounds and test substances as required.
- Conduct experimental readout and analysis using cell sorting, flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR.
- Data analysis and quantification using appropriate statistical methods.
- Actively interrogate scientific literature to understand relevant therapeutic targets
- Planning of projects in advance, arranging resources required for experimental conduct, ordering reagents etc.
- Accurate record keeping of all experimental work, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results and report production.
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab and client discussions.
- Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs as required.
- Line management of Scientists (Senior Scientists) in line with team development, delegation of project tasks to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data.
- Communicating effectively with both clients and internal teams as required.
- Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships (Senior Scientists).
- Active role in preparing proposal content in line with scientific plans.
- May have opportunity to attend scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to attract new commercial opportunities.
- Life science degree (Biomedical Sciences/Biological Sciences), post-graduate degree an advantage and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience is required at Senior Scientist level.
- Previous experience of Pharma/Biotech drug discovery or contract research desirable.
- Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethic, highly motivated and entrepreneurial personality.
We are looking to offer the position to a dynamic individual, who would be excited about the prospect of making a valuable scientific contribution to the future growth of the organisation.