Field Service Representative
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Field Service Representative – Ontario & Prairie Regions
Malvern Panalytical is a leading provider of scientific instrumentation for the measurement of elemental concentrations, crystallographic structure, molecular structure, remote sensing, rheology, particle size, particle shape, particle concentration and more.
Malvern Panalytical prides itself on exemplary customer service. Our top priority is to provide the best experience ever. That means we are relentlessly aiming for the highest quality customer care in order to maximize our customer’s economic growth targets.
Your work will include installations, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation. You will work mostly on our Panalytical product line, but you may cover for other product line (Malvern, Claisse, ASD) when needed.
Be ensure that we have a very strict protocol regarding COVID-19 and the safety of our employee. We provide all the safety equipment, such as visor, mask, hand sanitizer, etc.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is self directed, detail oriented and who likes to travel on a regular basis across Canada.
What are your responsibilities?
- Repair and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation.
- Perform installation of equipment from delivery to sign-off.
- Perform diagnoses and supports remotely.
- Track case details in our CRM system to document service history and data analysis.
- Perform preventive maintenance per maintenance schedule and guidelines.
- Keep customers well informed and appropriate personnel on any open issues.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- College degree in electronics technology or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in customer support or in technical support
- Able and willing to travel, up to 80% of your time, across Canada. Considering the location of our customers, you will need to travel by car (50% of your time) and also by plane (50% of your time).
- You will deserve primarily the Ontario region (60%) but also the Prairie Provinces (40%). You may also need to occasionally help in the Western part of Canada.
- Experience in electronics;
- Good technical hands-on skills and habilities to work with tools (toolkit);
- Experience in precision mechanics;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent customer-relationship skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent ability to solve problems.
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful conditions.
- Ability to effectively document actions taken.
- Politeness and diplomacy;
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Great sense of initiative and ability to work with people at different hierarchical levels.
- Note : This job require to have a passport and have a valid driver’s license.
Great to have?
- Background in XRF or XRD will be a strong asset.
- Knowledge on applied physics, or in the chemistry field.
As a Field Service Representative, you will serve our customers located in across Ontario (60%) and in the Prairie Provinces (40%). You may also need to occasionally help in the Western part of Canada. Please note that your work will usually takes 2 to 3 days at the customer site. Depending on the location of our customer, this means that you will need to travel by car if the customer is close enough (50% of your time) or by plane if you visit a customer in another region or in remote areas (50% of your time). You will have to stay overnight in hotel for 2-3 nights per week 50% of your time, depending on the location of the customer you will serve.
The masculine form used in this text includes both men and women. We are an equal opportunity employer.