Field Applications Scientist
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Job Title: Field Application Scientist – Biosciences
Location: Mid-Atlantic Territory
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced scientist working in a Bioscience field? Are you looking for a position in which you can help and support our biotech and biopharmaceutical customers? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Bioscience Field Application Scientist team!
In this role you will support sales of instrumentation and contract services in the Bioscience and Biopharmaceutical sector, (i.e. protein therapeutics, drug delivery, vaccines etc), through technical discussions with customers and onsite demonstrations of our product solutions.
The Field Application Scientists work in close collaboration with the local account managers to engage with detailed, technical discussions focused around the customer’s application, and demonstrate product or service solutions that best satisfy the customer’s challenges. You will be expected to travel throughout the territory and on occasion, beyond, to visit customers for product demonstrations, high level scientific discussions, customer training and to deliver external seminars at scientific conferences.
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide advanced technical input to the sales process, for our instrumentation and contract services.
- Provide high level application support for our customers in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and document Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Science applications knowledge and expertise in pharmaceutical sciences.
- To aid in solving non-routine customer measurement problems and to provide advanced training to customers and our sales organisations.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Drive and enthusiasm to understand our customers challenges, and the solutions Malvern Panalytical provides.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field, such as protein biochemistry, characterization / development of therapeutic proteins, drug delivery products and vaccines, or M.S. / B.S. with 2 years direct experience in the biopharmaceutical / biotechnology industry sector
- In-depth knowledge / understanding of the workflow and challenges of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Great communication skills with experience of presenting scientific content to a technical audience.
Great to have?
- Experience with one of the following would be very advantageous:
- Light Scattering