Field Applications Scientist – Pharmaceutical Sciences (Mid-West)
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Pharmaceutical scientist? Are you looking for a position in which you can help and support our pharmaceutical customers? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Pharmaceutical Field Application Scientist team!
In this role you will support sales of instrumentation and contract services in the Pharmaceutical sector, (i.e. API development, tableting, inhalers / sprays / topicals production etc), through technical discussions with customers and onsite demonstrations of our product solutions.
The Field Application Scientists work in close collaboration with the local account managers to engage with detailed, technical discussions focused around the customer’s application, and demonstrate product or service solutions that best satisfy the customer’s challenges. You will be expected to travel throughout the territory and on occasion, beyond, to visit customers for product demonstrations, high level scientific discussions, customer training and to deliver external seminars at scientific conferences.
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide advanced technical input to the sales process, for our instrumentation and contract services.
- Provide high level application support for our customers in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and document Malvern Panalytical and Concept Life Science applications knowledge and expertise in pharmaceutical sciences.
- To aid in solving non-routine customer measurement problems and to provide advanced training to customers and our sales organisations.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Drive and enthusiasm to understand our customers challenges, and the solutions Malvern Panalytical provides.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field, such as Drug Discovery, Small Molecule Drug Development and Manufacture, API Characterization, or M.S. / B.S. with 2 years direct experience in the pharmaceutical industry sector
- In-depth knowledge / understanding of the workflow and challenges of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Great communication skills with experience of presenting scientific content to a technical audience.
Great to have?
- Experience with one of the following would be very advantageous:
- X-Ray Diffraction
- Laser Diffraction
- Image Analysis