Export Compliance officer
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Export Compliance Officer
Location: Malvern (UK)
Do you have expertise or an interest in compliance? Are you looking for a position in which you can implement your innovative business mind- set to fully support and drive our next phase of growth? In an environment where you can fully exploit your analytical and organizational skills? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our high-level Global Team.
In this role you will be part of the Business Enablement Partners Legal team can collaborate with the business to develop and drive direction of Export Control processes.
What are your responsibilities?
- As part of the Business Enablement Partners (BEP) legal team, you collaborate with the business to develop and drive direction of export control compliance processes to ensure robust compliance management that meets current requirements of international regulations (e.g. UK, EU, US).
- You will review daily orders for compliance with local and foreign export control regulations and managing various kinds of export compliance issues, such as export license determinations, apply for licenses, and approvals.
- You will be involved for the maintenance and deployment of the Group Export Control Compliance policy and supporting procedures and you will train others in the relevant procedures.
- Be able to provide advice for classification of products.
- Lead periodic export self-assessments or audits and implement any necessary corrective actions to ensure compliance with trade compliance regulation and internal policies.
- Assess the legitimacy of third parties and business parties by conducting appropriate due diligence and research, whilst observing group compliance policies and procedures. Conduct business screenings within the given territory, provide essential review reports with risk mitigation recommendations. Information should be completed and provided in a timely manner.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Ability to quickly understand business needs and to anticipate potential issues and provide recommendations for risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Maintain productive relationships with public regulators and other external stakeholders.
- Experience in implementing initiatives within a diverse global organisation.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of delivering training to a diverse global organisation.
- Experience in working in an international, highly regulated and commercial environment.
- Absolute integrity and high sense of confidentiality.
Great to have?
- Any additional second language.
- Interest or affinity in compliance.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.