About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Job Title: Electronics Engineer- Thermal Centre of Excellence
Location: Northampton or Westborough, MA, U.S.
Are you ready to help our R&D team with your electronics design, testing and problem-solving skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to work on complex, innovative analytical instruments? Do you want to join small team within an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be the job for you!
You will be responsible for developing, innovating, and improving electronic designs with particular attention to customer needs.
What are your responsibilities?
- The Electronics Engineer will work within a dynamic cross discipline team to scope, design and develop electronic solutions.
- As a member of a small R&D team within a global organisation, the Electronics Engineer will work mainly on the early development phases of new solutions.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Electronic Engineering degree, masters preferred
- Use of schematic capture and printed circuit design tools
- Use of SPICE and MATLAB simulation tools
- Ability to design for manufacture, assembly, and test
- The ability to troubleshoot, fault find and solve problems
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- Design and programming of microcontroller based instrumentation with data acquisition, signal processing and feedback controls
- Analog design for low noise amplifiers, signal chains and data acquisition
- Working within a small multi-disciplinary team, including mechanical and software engineers
- FPGA experience would be useful
Great to have?
- Knowledge of EMC and safety standards
- Experience with feedback controls and signal processing
- A positive can-do attitude!
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We continually support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge, and performance through in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.