Customer Support Manager – NE United States
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
The Regional Customer Support Manager will be entrusted with making sound strategic and transparent tactical decisions that reflect on Malvern Panalytical’s reputation, profitability and customer retention.
• Successfully manage, motivate, develop and maintain a group of geographically dispersed customer support Engineers (15-25) to meet and exceed the current and future needs of our customers.
• Measures and improves the Customer Support business along well-defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Partner up with relevant groups within Malvern Panalytical (senior Customer Service management, Sector Sales Management, Demand Management Group, 3rd line Technical Helpdesk, etc.) to ensure the highest level of efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Address all escalations in line with standard protocol – includes action plans, follow ups and debriefs with direct communication with customers and the AMEC Customer Services leadership
• Ensure that Customer Service processes are executed in line with the globally/regionally agreed policies.
• Ensure all engineers perform repairs and preventative maintenances within the Malvern Panalytical framework (contractual obligations and scope) on a consistent and harmonized way.
• Oversee and manage personnel activities such as performance appraisals, salary adjustments, hiring and termination of employees.
• Coordinate the attendance of customer support engineers at training sessions at the relevant Malvern Panalytical training centers, including COBE and H&S training.
• Manage administrative tasks as required for the Customer Support Business.
• Work with Customer Care team to drive increased warranty conversion and contract renewal conversions within assigned area.
• Drive field team to execute all installation activities and document thoroughly in alignment with all commercial forecasts / schedules while also performing work to meet/exceed all After Sales revenue goals.
• Monitor and reinforce the proper use of time sheets / calendar data to measure the team vs. the expected goals of utilization, travel time, admin time, etc. in conjunction with the Malvern Panalytical HR policy.
• Foster & maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Partner with local Sales Account Managers and their team(s) as necessary to support new product sales by teaming in customer visits, participation in product demonstrations, and other brick-walling activities.
• Build and retain a world-class field service team and a strong, positive customer service culture being a tenacious champion of “the customer comes first.”
• Establishes and measures clear goals for the team. Drives a culture of accountability, continuous improvement, coaching and career development.
• Responsible for the deployment, implementation and enforcement of the resulting Customer Support processes across regional team, in alignment with the AMEC Customer Support Strategy.