Customer Support engineer
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for being part of the regional team with on-site installations / commissioning, routine maintenance, repair, verification and calibration of Malvern Panalytical’s product lines in the African region. Provides pre- and post-sales support for the South African managed territory.
Customer Services Manager – South Africa
- Works independently and as part of the team in accurate diagnosis and solution of customer instrument problems.
- Provides operational training to customers, typically at point of installation, but additionally to ensure effective and safe operation of Malvern Panalytical Instrumentation.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations for Malvern Panalytical Instruments’ service.
- Ensures, own documentation is appropriate and timely, including expense, installation and maintenance reports.
- Works closely with sales and takes advantage of opportunities to promote Malvern Panalytical products and services.
- Completes training and maintains knowledge and documentation relating to product portfolio.
- Follows and promotes Malvern Panalytical’s/Customers’ laboratory and safety practices, ensuring safety files and site access is in order and up to date.
- Manages own company assets; spare parts stock/kits, company car, telephone, tools, literature, software and computers,
- Provides telephone support to customers
- Travels extensively and as necessary to achieve the above.
- Helping to grow customer satisfaction using standard KPI’s