Customer Support Engineer (MX)
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Why choose us?
When you make the invisible visible, the impossible is possible.
Our analytical systems and services help our customers to create a better world. Through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials, they improve everything from the energies that power us and the materials we build with, to the medicines that cure us and the foods we enjoy. We partner with many of the world’s biggest companies, universities and research organizations. They value us not only for the power of our solutions, but also for the depth of our expertise, collaboration and integrity.
With over 2200 employees, we serve the world, and we are part of Spectris plc, the world-leading precision measurements group.
Malvern Panalytical. We’re big on small.
Job Title: Customer Service Engineer.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair and maintenance of analytical instrumentation
- Perform installation of equipment from delivery to sign-off
- Respond to customer by telephone within 4 hours to evaluate problem
- Perform preventative maintenance per maintenance schedule
- Inform appropriate personnel on all problems using escalation procedure
- Maintain manuals
- Submit electronic paperwork timely and accurately
- Maintain excellent communication with Service Manager on all matters
- Process parts return and repair in accordance with all policies and guidelines
- Keep customers well informed on any open issues
- Manage direct account responsibility with minimal supervision
- Assist in different areas within the District
- Perform all the above duties in accordance with applicable ISO9000 directives and company policy
- Major impact on customer satisfaction.
- Growth and profitability of preventive and corrective maintenance plans.
- Maintains and build upon the professional image of Malvern Panalytical.
Works closely with Service team in order to complete the preventive and corrective maintenance plan according with the recognition process of Malvern Panalytical products.
Operates within the overall policy of the company and keeps within its written rules.
Customer and supplier communication
Communication on a daily basis with external customers and service department personnel both orally and in writing.
Direct communication with Service Engineers, Operations team, and regular with other members of the service team.
ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Although minimal travel is expected, this is an office-based position
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or higher; five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred backgrounds are in general Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical and/or Chemical Engineering.
Strong communications skills – written, oral and presentation.
Valid driver’s license.
Skills & Experience
Minimum of 5 years of application experience in industrial capital equipment; strong preference given to Analytical Instruments, Remote Sensing equipment, Spectrometers or general instrumentation sales.
The employee must be fluent in both written and spoken Portuguese. This would include, but is not limited to, conversing with potential customers in order to establish a mutually beneficial dialogue, writing email responses, maintaining information in a database, and preparing reports.
Ability to travel up to 80% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Ability to understand customer needs and how to handle them
Additionally, the employee must have 80% of English language in order to converse via oral and/or writing with other global coworkers attend to international meetings and understand the internal systems.
- Cooperation and Team working
- Expertise and Professionalism
- Problem Solving/ Analysis