Customer Support Engineer
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Why choose us?
When you make the invisible visible, the impossible is possible.
Our analytical systems and services help our customers to create a better world. Through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials, they improve everything from the energies that power us and the materials we build with, to the medicines that cure us and the foods we enjoy. We partner with many of the world’s biggest companies, universities and research organizations. They value us not only for the power of our solutions, but also for the depth of our expertise, collaboration and integrity.
With over 2200 employees, we serve the world, and we are part of Spectris plc, the world-leading precision measurements group.
Malvern Panalytical. We’re big on small.
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer
Primary Location: São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Second Location: Recife, PE, Brazil
Are you able to solve problems and demonstrate your determination to get results ? Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your commercial, analytical and technical skills? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and enthusiastic Service Team!
In this role you will perform installations, repairs, and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation within Malvern Panalytical’s customer base. This is a remote position, based in the São Paulo or Recife Region supporting the LATAM area and neighboring territories.
What are your responsibilities?
- Promote the Malvern Panalytical brand through professional preventive maintenances, repairs and installations of complex analytical instruments across the company’s portfolio
- Enhance customer support and product sales in the American territories through a proactive integration of their technical expertise into the daily sales, customer support, & training activities of the Malvern Panalytical team and customer base
- You will be required to act as a back-up (when needed) on other systems / platforms as applicable inside and outside of the region / state
- Some weekend standby duty may be required as applicable to customer requirement
- Ensure central dispatch is updated promptly with any schedule changes
- Anticipate and escalate potential deviations impacting customer satisfaction
- Accurately keep track of inventory and parts consumption
- Manage expenses within corporate travel guidelines
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Excellent communication and customer handling skills
- Ability to travel 85% (including overnight travel and some international travel)
- Being timely, in response to customers, updating your daily progress to your manager, processing customer returns, and submitting paperwork accurately
- Ability to work under pressure, and willingness to be flexible
- Strong team work ethic and an altruistic attitude
Great to have?
- Associate degree in electronics or electro-mechanical field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years of hands on experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer relationship skills including communication, accountability, and the ability to understand customer needs and how best to handle them
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.
You may also apply on our careers page at