Customer Support Engineer
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Do you want to be a real business partner for our customers by offering value-added propositions? Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your commercial, analytical and technical skills? Do you want to do this in an international, global, but personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and enthusiastic Service Team.
In this role you will perform installations, repairs and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation.
What are your responsibilities?
• Repair and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation
• Perform installation of equipment from delivery to sign-off
• Respond to customer by telephone within 4 hours to evaluate problem
• Perform preventative maintenance per maintenance schedule
• Inform appropriate personnel on all problems using ESCALATION procedure
• Maintain manuals
• Submit electronic paperwork timely and accurately
• Maintain excellent communication with Regional Manager on all matters
• Process parts return and repair in accordance with all policies and guidelines
• Keep customers well informed on any open issues
• Manage direct account responsibility with minimal supervision
• Assist in different areas within the District
• Repair and maintain analytical instrumentation with little or no supervision
• Perform all the above duties in accordance with applicable ISO9000 directives and company policy
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• 80 % Travel (including Overnight Travel and some international travel)
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• At least 3-5 years of experience in electronics or in the electro-mechanical field and/or recent and relevant class work. Any previous education or experience in chemistry or a chemistry lab is a plus.
• Excellent customer relationship skills including, communication, accountability, and the ability to understand customer needs and how best to handle these
Great to have:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, AAS Electronic Technology or equivalent
When you join:
• Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities;
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes;
• Excellent work life balance, Competitive benefits.
Malvern Panalytical is at an exciting stage in its growth and as such can offer the right candidate the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for progression. Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, an employer matched 401(k) savings, medical and dental coverage and tuition reimbursement.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via email to email@example.com