Customer Service Engineer Italy
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Customer Service Engineer (XRF & XRD) Italy
Responsible for on-site installations / commissioning, routine maintenance, repair, verification and calibration of Malvern Panalytical Instrument product line in Italy. Provides pre and post-sales support for the Italy managed territory.
– Line Manager: Italy Service Manager
• Works independently in accurate diagnosis and solution of customer instrument problems.
• Provides operational training to customers, typically at point of installation, but additionally to ensure effective and safe operation of Malvern Panalytical Instrumentation.
• Responsible for meeting customer expectations for Malvern Panalytical Instruments’ service.
• Provides appropriate and timely documentation for work performed, including Work Order submission.
• Provides feedback on product quality and design issues. Works closely with sales and takes advantage of opportunities to promote Malvern Panalytical products and services.
• Completes training and maintains knowledge and documentation relating to product portfolio, uses all resources available to increase knowledge base including specific databases.
• Follows Malvern Panalytical Instruments/Customers’ laboratory and safety practices.
• Manages company assets including; spare parts stock/kits, company car, telephone, tools, literature, software and computers.
• Provides remote support which is both PC and telephone based to customers.
• Travels extensively and as necessary to achieve the above.
• Supports helpdesk and training activities as and when required.
• Customer and staff satisfaction.
• Professional image of the Company.
• Sales and Company profitability
• Departmental efficiency.
• Achievement of Italy after sales orders plan.
• Repeat business.
Works independently to achieve agreed goals. Reviews status with managers and mentors on a regular basis.
ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS:
Required to travel extensively throughout the Italy to service instrumentation at customer sites and may require overnight stays. The company provides necessary equipment for the role including safety shoes and lab coats.
Contractual hours 40 per week and this role is exempt from the rules of the flexi-time scheme. Overtime unpaid. Occasional travel abroad for training and possible support of other countries
• Qualifications in Electronics, Chemistry degree or equivalent level.
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrable experience of working on customer sites.
• Proven experience in a customer field service environment advantageous but not essential.
• Experience of working with X-Ray based scientific instrumentation is an advantage.
• Proven experience in a customer field service environment preferable • Current, full Italian driving licence.
• Customer and Supplier Communications; on a daily basis communicates verbally with customers at all levels. From time to time may need to do so in writing.
• Internal communication; this will be with the Italy service manager and the Italy Customer Support administrator. Liaise frequently with manager and customer support colleagues. Regular interface with sales team and other Malvern Panalytical departments.
• Self-motivated with good communication and organizational skills
• Well-developed problem solving and trouble shooting skills
• Excellent public relations attitude
• Commercial awareness
• Customer Focus
• Decision Quality
• Drives Results
• Communicates Effectively
Please contact Mario Mariani (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like more information about this position. Your CV and motivation letter can be sent to Christine.Brenet@malvernpanalytical.com