Commodity Buyer – Optics
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Commodity Buyer – Optical Components
Location: Malvern UK
Are you able to promote change and work in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for a position in which you can help shape the future? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our dynamic strategic team!
In this role you will be responsible for the whole procurement cycle – from supplier selection and approval, through drafting and negotiating contracts, to managing and developing appointed suppliers – demonstrating a positive input at every stage.
You will also manage category projects to decrease cost, improve quality and reduce the sustaining burden on the business.
What are your responsibilities?
- Negotiating price and delivery for production supply of parts.
- Processing new outputs from MRP and ensuring smooth handover to ICS Team.
- Working with the Strategic and New Product teams to select the most cost effective suppliers for long lead-time / capital investment items at the earliest possible stage in projects.
- Working with the New Product purchasing representative during the handover of projects from Alpha and Beta phases into production, ensuring continuity with the appropriate production suppliers.
- Evaluating and appraising new and current suppliers with Lead Buyer's whilst working closely with the Manufacturing Engineering department to identify cost and lead time reduction opportunities.
- Working with the Manufacturing Engineering department and Lead Buyer's to resolve supply chain quality issues.
- Supporting the implementation of best practice purchasing methods throughout the supply chain to continually improve purchasing performance.
- Taking responsibility for supplier performance and the resolution of supplier related issues within a portfolio of suppliers as defined by the Lead Buyer.
- Ensuring all parts are purchased from the correct approved source and maintaining supplier approvals, contracts and parameters.
- Implementing strategy as defined by senior team i.e. supplier rationalisation, disaster recovery and supporting product road maps.
- Ensuring continuity of supply and risk mitigation.
- Working with Purchasing Manager to develop new KPIs as required.
- Supplier Audits in line with the Audits schedule.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A ‘can do’ attitude is a must for this role.
- A background in low volume high mix engineering manufacturing is essential with a minimum of five years’ purchasing experience in a similar role.
- Strong analytical and IT skills are essential for this role.
- Experience Purchasing optical components, silicon detectors and lasers desirable.
- A CIPS qualification or equivalent.
Great to have?
- Experience in Project Management and cross functional teamwork.
- SAP system experience is preferred.
- LCC sourcing experience desirable
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 08.30am – 12.00pm and 1.30pm – 2.30pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.