Buyer – Westborough
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Are you able to read and interpret documents such as quotations, specifications and terms and conditions? Are you looking for a position in which you can contribute to team goals and morale while helping to fulfil the needs of your co-workers? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Procurement team!
In this role you will request quotations, process requisitions and issue Purchase Orders to fulfil the needs for our Westborough, MA facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Communicating with suppliers to expedite orders, confirm order status and resolve discrepancies, such as quantity and price.
- Issuing Return Purchase Orders as required.
- Ensuring compliance by obtaining RoHS certifications and Certificates of Origin, as required.
- Making recommendations for strategic reallocations.
- Developing supplier relationships and strategies.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Detail-oriented, who can build good rapport with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- MRP System experience
- 2-5 years equivalent experience in a Purchasing role
- Knowledge of supplier management and supplier development techniques
Great to have?
- Proficient in preparing general reports
- A good sense of humour, while also taking pride in your work