About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Buyer (12 month contract)
Location: Ideally – Chapel-en-le-Frith or (Malvern, UK considered)
Do you have experience in Purchasing in a busy environment? Are you looking for a position in which you can work as part of team but also work independently? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Purchasing team!
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on…
In this role you will be responsible for the purchase order placement and expediting of a range of commodities, in line with project & Customer demand. Activities include the actioning of purchase requisitions and the generation of purchase orders within SAP; the communication and management of these purchase orders to the suppliers through to final delivery; the resolving of relevant delivery, invoice and price discrepancies. Buyer will become knowledgeable about the materials they handle and will be responsible for building strong relationships with internal customers.
What are your responsibilities?
- Processing the output from MRP and placing purchase order.
- Professional relationship management of a portfolio of suppliers.
- Implement improvement plans with suppliers when KPIs are not met.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A pro-active mindset to deliver results and improvements.
- Previous purchasing experience with a proven track record in supplier management; commercial awareness and excellent organisational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Strong MRP systems experience, SAP highly desirable.
Great to have?
- Solid communication skills and team spirit, exceptional time management and analytical skills.
- Degree level education and CIPS qualification would be an advantage, however we will also accept applications from candidates who can demonstrate the appropriate level of knowledge gained through experience
When you join?
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please APPLY NOW and submit your CV.