Business Development Manager – South West
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
TITLE: Business Development Manager – South West
REPORTS TO: Pharmaceutical & Food Sector Sales Manager – Americas
LOCATION: Home based – US
Concept Life Sciences, a Malvern Panalytical company, is a knowledge based, science led business delivering contract research, analytical services, and small scale manufacturing to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer product industries. Supported by more than 250 scientists, many of whom have more than 25 years of industry experience, Concept Life Sciences prides itself on providing the highest level of consultative expertise demanded from our customers within the pharmaceutical and food sector.
The Concept Life Sciences division of Malvern Panalytical has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join a dynamic group of integrated drug discovery and development professionals. This is a permanent, full time role based remotely and reporting into the Pharmaceutical & Food Sector Sales Manager for the Americas.
We provide integrated, knowledge driven contract research and development across the Pharmaceutical Agrochemical and other chemistry industries. The territory will cover the South West Region of the US. The role will be home based and located within their territory.
In this key position the BDM will have experience selling within the drug development pathway and has competent knowledge of discovery science. They will be also have knowledge of preclinical development (analytical/ API and formulation). Strong knowledge in biology with specific experience in immunology and or neurodegeneration would be desirable.
This is a consultative, knowledge driven position, using strategic sales skills in prospecting new business and growing current accounts by applying tactical know how, drive and tenacity. It’s expected that the BDM will have exceptional superior communication skills and can tactfully engage within operations to achieve a “team” sales effort.
Main Duties to:
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the territory on behalf of Concept Life Sciences. Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant and timely management information.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales and attend relevant conferences and symposia across the US as appropriate to build rapport with potential key customer contacts.
- To lead, and be accountable for, the preparation and maintenance of regular planning activities to agreed KPI’s. It is expected that the BDM will plan at least 6 months in advance.
- Identifying competition and evaluation of USP's.
- Respond to and follow through on enquiries, leads and prospecting.
- Drive new business development within a service defined territory and maintain and develop new customers through planned support.
- When relevant, propose new service introductions that meet a perceived customer need, presenting as a business case upward through the service line leadership.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; consultative selling; negotiation; close.
- Proactively engage with operations to achieve combined sales effort.
- Works to clear targets and KPIs in order to drive for new business wins with an expectation to self-manage.
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current using Salesforce CRM software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology or Life Sciences and experience in BD in US markets in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in selling full or part integrated contract research across scientific disciplines.
- Travel will be about 60% of the time.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior sales/commercial role will be essential.
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities.
- A strategic thinker and well-rounded sales executive who has a strong commercial background with proven track record in supporting multi-site operations/CRO industry
- Excellent organizational and planning skills who can organize people and processes to suit any eventuality
- Strong IT Office skills and Salesforce system/CRM system experience
- Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required.
Concept Life Sciences and Malvern Panalytical provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Industry competitive salaries.
- Industry competitive bonus plans.
- Flexible work from home policy.
- 401(k) with match.
- HSA/PPO medical, dental, & vision.
- Corporate CC for travel & office expenses.
- Corporate vehicle / reimbursement program.
- On the job training, including internal training & mentoring and an external educational tuition reimbursement program.
- Plus industry standard holiday and vacation plans.