Business Development Manager
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Pharmaceutical & Food Territory Manager – Business Development
LOCATION: Home based – Southeast Area
Concept Life Sciences, a Malvern Panalytical company, is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products sectors. We provide chemistry, immunology, biology and ADMET characterization, analytical and exploratory toxicology services to the pharmaceutical, biotech, and agro/petrochemical industries.
The Concept Life Sciences division has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join a dynamic group of Integrated Drug Discovery and Development professionals. This is a permanent, full time role based remotely and reporting into Pharmaceutical & Food Sector Sales Manager for the Americas. Ideal location of candidates will be located in Raleigh/Durham, but potentially open to other locations based on skills, experience and fit.
We provide integrated, knowledge driven contract research and development to the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. The territory will cover the Southeastern Region of the US. The role will be home-based and located optimally within the Raleigh/Durham area.
In this key position the BDM will have experience selling within the drug development pathway and has competent knowledge of discovery science. They will also require knowledge of preclinical development (analytical/ API and formulation). Strong knowledge in biology with specific experience in immunology and or neurodegeneration would be desirable.
This is a consultative, knowledge driven position, using strategic sales skills in prospecting new business and growing current accounts by applying tactical know how, drive and tenacity, with experience in selling CRO services. It’s expected that the BDM will have exceptional superior communication skills and can engage within operations to achieve a “team” sales effort.
Main Duties to:
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the territory on behalf of Concept Life Sciences. Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant feedback for pipeline development
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales and attend relevant conferences and symposia across the US as appropriate to build rapport with potential key customer contacts.
- To lead, and be accountable for, the preparation and maintenance of regular planning activities to agreed KPI’s, as tracked in Salesforce and reports as needed
- Respond to and follow through on inquiries, leads and prospecting.
- Drive new business development within a service defined territory and maintain and develop new customer relationships.
- When relevant, cross-sell additional CLS services/MP instruments that meet a perceived customer need, presenting as a business case upward through the service line leadership.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; consultative selling; negotiation; close.
- Proactively engage with operations to achieve combined sales effort.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology or Life Sciences and experience in BD in US markets in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in selling full or part integrated contract research across scientific disciplines.
- Time in the field, when allowed by local municipalities, will be ~ 60% of the time.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior sales/commercial role will be essential.
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities.
- A strategic thinker and well-rounded sales executive who has a strong commercial background with proven track record in supporting multi-site operations/CRO industry
- Excellent organizational and planning skills who can organize people and processes to suit any eventuality
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce system/CRM system
- Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science-based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process.
Benefits include: 401(k) with match, HMO/PPO medical/dental, vision, commission plan