Business Development Executive
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for the achievement of Sector targets for orders and sales and maximising financial performance within defined territory
- Focus on Business Development activities and strengthening long term customer relationship within the pharmaceutical industry
- Generation of new opportunities for Analytical Solutions (CRO), XRD and XRF
- Wins the right way in line with the Code of Business Ethics
Territory Manager Pharma & Food
- Achieve sales target (XRD, XRF and CLS Services) for the assigned sector within defined territory
- Give customers insight in the added value of Malvern Panalytical solutions and services
- Translate customer pains/needs into a value-added solution proposal, monitor the follow-up of quotation and revise if necessary
- Negotiate with customers and/or agents on the released quotation and close a deal
- Conduct demonstrations and presentations (online and offline) approaches potential customers pro-actively; attends seminars and exhibitions; promotes professional image of Malvern Panalytical at all times
- Signalling, identifying and analysing future market trends
- Identify areas that can improve current sales processes
- Develops and maintains a sound and effective standard of product knowledge
- register conducted customer related activities in appropriate tools and communicate status towards all parties involved so information can be used for adequate forecasting
- Contribute to the (sector) team effort to grow the global (sector) business
- Maximize revenue of sales and service activities
- Maximize orders to sales conversion time by accurate forecast of expected sales and order intakes based on up-to-date information
- Direct impact on customer satisfaction; accessible and sustainable network
- Wins the right way, works independently to achieve agreed (sector) objectives within the Code of Business Ethics
- Monthly and annual achievement of (sector) targets and objectives
Internal & external communications:
- Presentation skills for both technical and business presentations, both remotely and with a direct audience
- Regular interface with marketing, technical and customer services personnel
- Regular communication and close cooperation with the (sector) sales team
- Communicates both orally and in writing with distributors and customers at all levels.
- Ensures that the CRM is always up to date to enable the three-month rolling forecasts and monthly reports to be submitted on the second working day of each month for production planning purposes
- Provides feedback on market opportunities and competitive activity.
- Reports on product quality and customer complaints.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER
- BSc/MSc/PhD degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, physics or materials science.
- Proven track record in sales/business development in a B2B business environment (preferably in a CRO in the Pharmaceutical industry) with demonstrable growth.
- In depth knowledge of XRD applications and solutions in the pharmaceutical industry.
- XRF experience not necessary but preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels (also using modern computer-based communication methods like Skype and Microsoft Teams)
- Local language (German) with very good spoken and written English language ability.
- Russian or Polish would be a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate an understand the basics of finance and accounting information as well as legal terms & conditions
- Has experience of working within Ethical boundaries as determined by the business