Applications Specialist – Separations
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Job Title: Applications Specialist – Separations
Location: Malvern, UK
Are you able to thrive in a challenge, to be part of a winning team and grow your technical abilities and knowledge further? Are you looking for a position in which you can be the Voice of the Customer, to ensure that our instrumentation is the correct solution for the customer and that they are armed with everything they need to make that solution work for themselves? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Applications team!
In this role you will manage technical and scientific activities related to Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC) / Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) technologies for all marketing sectors within the UK and non-direct territories; working with Sales, Customer Support, and customers to provide value-added solutions using Malvern Panalytical offerings within all sectors.
What are your responsibilities?
- To support our GPC / SEC range of products for all Malvern Panalytical sectors within the UK and Channel Partner territories (and occasionally supporting other territories, worldwide) in various applications and opportunities.
- Be responsible for and contribute to sample analysis for pre-sales projects, and for demonstrations directly with potential customers either via remote demonstration or at customer-site.
- To prepare and present lectures and training courses, publish scientific papers and posters and present seminars at an advanced level to our subsidiaries, agents, channel partners, sales teams, and end-users.
- To provide Applications support to internal Malvern Panalytical projects.
- Travel around UK and assigned non-direct territories when required by working with Account Managers to support prospective and existing customers.
- Support Health & Safety procedures to maintain ISO standards in Malvern Applications laboratories.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Ph.D. in areas such as Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, and/or demonstrable practical experience in the field of GPC / SEC is acceptable.
- Master’s degree or a degree in an area specific to our industry (scientific or analytical instrumentation) will be considered.
- Experience in SEC and GPC is preferred.
- Experience in Primary Materials, Advanced Materials, Pharmaceuticals, and/or Food Industries would be an advantage.
- Must be fluent in English. Any other language would be an advantage.
Great to have?
- Experience in a technical/commercial and/or sales support role.
- Experience and direct knowledge of other Malvern Panalytical technologies such as laser diffraction and dynamic light scattering.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click to apply now!