Applications Specialist – Nanometrics
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Applications Specialist – Nanometrics
Location: Malvern, UK
Are you able to thrive in a challenge, to be part of a winning team and grow your technical abilities and knowledge further? Are you looking for a position in which you can be the Voice of the Customer, to ensure that our instrumentation is the correct solution for the customer and that they are armed with everything they need to make that solution work for themselves? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Applications team!
In this role you will manage technical and scientific activities related to Zetasizer and NanoSight technologies for all marketing sectors within the UK and non-direct territories; working with Sales, Customer Support, and customers to provide value-added solutions using Malvern Panalytical offerings within all sectors.
What are your responsibilities?
- To support our Zetasizer and NanoSight range of products for all Malvern Panalytical sectors in various applications and opportunities.
- Be responsible for and contribute to sample analysis for pre-sales projects, and for demonstrations directly with potential customers either via remote demonstration or at customer-site.
- To prepare and present lectures and training courses, publish scientific papers and posters and present seminars at an advanced level to our subsidiaries, agents, channel partners, sales teams, and end-users.
- To provide Applications support to internal Malvern Panalytical projects.
- Travel around UK and assigned non-direct territories when required by working with Account Managers to support prospective and existing customers.
- Support Health & Safety procedures to maintain ISO standards in Malvern Applications laboratories.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A personality and aptitude for working in a team environment is essential.
- Ph.D. in areas such as Colloid Chemistry, Chemistry, Engineering, Materials Science, and other scientific disciplines including the physical sciences is preferred.
- Master’s degree or a degree in an area specific to our industry (scientific or analytical instrumentation) will be considered.
- Previous laboratory experience is essential and expected whether it is direct industrial and/or academic experience, working in a research, development or a laboratory setting.
- Great communications skills and the ability to conduct oneself in a friendly, open, and professional manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good attention to detail.
Great to have?
- Experience in a technical/commercial and/or sales support role.
- Experience and direct knowledge of other Malvern Panalytical technologies.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- [Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.]
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click to apply now!