Applications Development Scientist
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
We are looking for an Applications Development Scientist who will strengthen our R&D team with hands on analytical instrumentation experience, testing and problem solving. You will be working on complex customer solutions that are used for material analysis in scientific and industrial products and process control. Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your analytical and organizational skills? And would you like to do this in a global, but very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our high-level R&D team.
In this role you will contribute to the design of class-leading, cost effective, robust components and systems as part of the development of Malvern Panalytical range of products. You will support gathering customer and application requirements, contribute to the design and the testing of the solution.
What are your responsibilities?
- Identification of candidate applications in the Life Sciences and/or nanoparticle fields for which this technology addresses a specific customer challenge.
- Providing input into the product development activity in terms of end user requirements.
- Evaluating new product prototypes against customer and application requirements.
- Performing analysis on samples and generating suitable technical reports.
- Developing analytical methods and best practices around sample measurement.
- Supporting root cause analysis on development systems.
- Providing input into the product’s accompanying software.
- Working with customers and ensuring that their feedback is captured and used in the development process.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Degree qualified with relevant work experience, in a scientific discipline, preferably with a chemical or biochemical bias. PhD in relevant discipline may be useful.
- Have experience in working with analytical instrumentation in a laboratory setting.
- Have demonstrable experience in biophysical or nanoparticle characterization.
- Ability to provide the Voice of the Customer to the R&D team.
- Have strong communication, report writing and presentation skills.
Great to have?
- Experience with problem solving methodologies.
- Experience with Lean/ DfSS/ Design Thinking toolsets.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time – core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm – to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Home working on occasion, although working in the office at short notice will be required.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.