About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
The success of our integration with the Malvern Panalytical brand has resulted in the need for growth and expansion to accommodate the increase in client demand and increased investment in technologies onsite. The role of analytical scientist within the method development and validation group offers an exciting opportunity to an individual with demonstrable experience in performing method development, analytical testing and validation using a range of particle characterisation and materials related techniques.
The successful candidate will have a background in the use of standard solid state and particle analysis techniques such as XRPD, specific surface area / porosity, thermal analysis, particle size determination, DVS and isothermal calorimetry for the characterisation of client test samples. Such test samples (substances, compounds, formulations, investigational or commercial products, raw materials) are submitted by clients in the Life Sciences related industries (pharmaceutical, medical device, advanced wound management), as well as the broader chemical industry.
Candidates with experience in the physical characterisation requirements of the inhalation market and/or IVBE studies would be of particular interest. Alternatively, experience in developing and validating method methods on the Morphologi4-ID (including RAMAN spectroscopy) as well as experience of developing and applying nanoparticle or EV characterisation methods using NanoSight and Zetasizer instruments would be favourable.
As the development site for analytical techniques within the Concept Life Sciences Group, it is important that the candidate has experience of the key parameters needed for accurate and precise analysis. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in many or all of the above fields, plus experience of managing projects in a commercial setting. The Bradford site operates to current Good Manufacturing Practice / Good Laboratory Practice, therefore experience of working in a regulated environment would also be beneficial.
Main Duties to:
- Revenue generating laboratory-based analytical project work, applying diverse analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types. Analytical problem solving.
- Method development and validation, including drafting of related documents (methods, protocols, reports).
- Management of simple and complex analytical / technical projects.
- Associated data processing and report writing; peer review of data / reports generated by colleagues.
- Principle techniques dependent on experience and training.
- Client liaison, inter-group liaison, internal projects and initiatives.
- Contributing to and adhering to company standard operating procedures.
- Training of co-workers in own specialist techniques.
Qualifications / Role Requirements:
- BSc or PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Broad practical experience in developing and validating analytical methods; method development research skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experienced in the use of complex analytical instrumentation.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (quality, health and safety).
- Familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Equipment maintenance and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week).