About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
LOCATION: Unit 69, Listerhills Science Park, Campus Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1HR.
Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical chemical and consumer products sectors. Our business is home to Scientists with in-depth experience in their fields, who are enthusiastic about taking on challenges. We employ problem-solvers with a proven track record in life sciences, laboratory based analytical testing and specialist consulting. Were are part of the Malvern Panalytical group, which is part of the Spectris group.
The Bradford site, as part the analytics service line is primarily involved in the testing of samples from the pharmaceutical, medical device and chemical business sectors, supporting both product development programmes and analytical services offerings.
The role of analyst within the involves performing analytical testing, plus method development method validation and method transfer, using a range of analytical techniques and the use of these techniques in support of release testing and stability studies as well as characterisation of client test samples. Such test samples (powders, solutions, suspensions, oils, creams pure substances, compounds, formulations, investigational or commercial products, raw materials) are submitted by clients from the Life Sciences and related industries.
Your skillset will include separation sciences techniques – LC, GC and IC, with a range of detectors including MS and MS/MS.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in many or all of the above fields, plus experience of managing projects in a commercial setting. The Bradford site operates to current Good Manufacturing Practice / Good Laboratory Practice, therefore experience of working in a regulated environment would also be beneficial.
Main Duties to:
- Revenue generating laboratory-based analytical project work.
- Applying diverse analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types.
- Support of analytical / technical projects.
- Associated data processing and report writing.
- Routine analysis with some Method Development and validation, including drafting of related documents (methods, protocols, reports).
- Principle techniques dependent on experience and training.
- Client liaison, inter-group liaison, internal projects and initiatives.
- Contributing to and adhering to company standard operating procedures.
- Training of co-workers in own specialist techniques.
- BSc in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Practical experience in analytical testing, including transferring, developing and validating analytical methods.
- Experienced in the use of complex analytical instrumentation.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (quality, health and safety).
- Familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Desirable to have some project management experience.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week)
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and local Reward & Recognition schemes.