About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Make a BIG difference?
From pharmaceutical products to building materials, Concept Life Sciences support our global customers in leading the way in their diverse industries to make a big difference in the world. We are a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our customers demand. Our business is home to scientists with in-depth experience in their fields, who are enthusiastic about taking on challenges. We are always looking for people who can keep us at the top of our game.
This role presents a unique opportunity for a recent graduate or an individual looking to move back into the laboratory after an extended period away. The Analyst role within Concept Life Sciences, Bradford is a diverse, practical one. The role involves the use of analytical methods and techniques to investigate and report on the chemical or physical characteristics of test samples from a diverse range of industries. We provide dedicated focus on the small piece of the puzzle required by our customers to support their decision making for the next stage of their project.
At Concept Life Sciences, it’s not just about what you do, but how you do it! Our company values guide us in all that we do. You will be provided with full training in both the technical requirements of the role and the business skills to give you the best platform to build your career with us.
You will have the opportunity to;
- Contribute to challenging laboratory-based analytical project work, this may include sample preparation, operation of specific instrumentation and supporting with quality related tasks. Your specific contribution will be guided by the line manager and scheduling team as well as being driven by your personal development objectives.
- Retain and develop technical skills and knowledge by maintaining awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
- Contribute to company goals and operate in accordance with our company values.
- Pro-actively increase your contribution to the delivering against the workload through excellent communication on progress and completion of tasks and seeking out opportunities to increase skill set.
- Participate in balance and pipette calibration as well as maintenance of other instruments on site.
Sounds great! What we are looking for from you:
- BSc or higher in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and apply that learning in a practical setting.
- Inquisitive and passionate scientist whose values align with our business core values of; Aim High, Be True and Own It
- Desire to learn method development, predominantly supporting the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines; a “right first time” approach.
- Familiarity with good scientific practice. Experience within a GMP setting would be an advantage but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
Candidates with practical experience in the following would be of particular interest for this vacancy however they are not essential as full training and support will be provided;
- Physical characterisation including; particle sizing (image and laser diffraction), specific surface area, XRD, thermal analysis, water content
- Chemical ID analysis including; UV-vis, FTIR, ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week)