Americas Continuous Improvement Leader
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
This position can be located anywhere in the US.
Malvern Panalytical has a very strong growth agenda with increasing focus on how we can support our customer support/service teams with efficient and effective business processes. This role will play a key part in leading and coaching priority initiatives that will deliver tangible improvements to our people and business performance. The role will also be responsible for working with stakeholders to identify, evaluate and oversee various continuous improvement initiatives across AMEC with specific focus on our Customer Support organization. This includes business case creation, current state process mapping, gap analysis & opportunity identification, and future state solution design & implementation. This candidate will drive process improvement projects that range from incremental improvements of existing processes to full-scale process review & redesign opportunities.
- Lead and drive Continuous Improvement projects and activities to meet operational objectives, including cost improvement projects and value stream improvements.
- Execute CI by defining improvement goals; establish accountability through metrics; use Lean/Six Sigma tools/techniques to improve processes/business results.
- Promote use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen, Supplier, and Design for Six Sigma).
- Analyze, map, improve and monitor priority processes.
- Provide modeling, simulation, and other applicable approaches to support a robust approach to improving processes
- Lead delivery of strategic Lean Six Sigma projects to achieve financial targets e.g. increased revenue / reduced waste
- Lead or facilitate group briefings and discussions, enabling focused decision-making, and issue resolution using a variety of improvement methodologies
- Liaise across other parts of the Business Excellence Team to ensure alignment on approaches and methodologies in the wider business.
- Create and develop the lean/six sigma training portfolio, training material, tools and gate review processes, and improve on an ongoing basis – specifically tailored to a transactional process environment.
- Identify candidates for Yellow, Green, Black Belt program, coach and certify to the DMAIC methodology or other lean / six sigma tools and techniques.
- Provide leadership with a Lean/Six Sigma focus to drive Continuous Improvement (CI) methods/tools for improvement within the value streams.
- Provide direct and/or indirect leadership by leading, managing and coaching team members to drive CI.
- Lead / develop a vision and strategy for process improvement, via Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Perform capability and other statistical assessments with appropriate follow-up work to reduce variability and/or achieve targets.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress of priority and cross-functional projects.
- Work with project teams to manage changes to project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.